CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Lodge

Old 09-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Default 3 gun intro clinic...FREE traing from the top shooters

At the meeting Thursday night I had two prospective members approach me about shooting a 3 gun match at the range. I gave the usual answer with basic safety talk and told them to bring what they had and we would loan them the rest. This is the standard answer I got when asking the same question before I attended my first match at CVRP. When I showed up it was intimidating but fun, 5 people fought over who was going to loan me their guns, everyone was nice and the range officer coached me through all in all it was good day.

In retrospect if the club had offered a class that went over the rules, common equipment, and had a dry run of match day it would have made that first match a little easier. I say all that to say this, I am putting together a course for new shooters and interested shooters to come out and in an afternoon to get hands on with the equipment, learn the safety rules and shoot a practice stage while being instructed by the best 3 gun shooters I can get my hands on. All of this would be free to anyone who wants to participate but what I need to hear is if anyone would be interested in this and what thing do you find intimating abut the action shooting that needs to be addressed?

Please leave me some suggestions so that I can get the course put together. My goal is to have the first clinic on a Sunday afternoon at the end of the month before the Zombie match.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:28 AM
Executive Range Officer

I will come would like to learn some thing from the pros. We have been needing something like this fore some time. A chance to ask questions about what do I really need to shoot a 3gun match at CVRP vs any were else. May be keep you from being DQ in your first match. And not spending money on equipment you don't need .
Old 09-16-2017, 07:42 PM
Executive Range Officer

If you are interesed in this you need to reply now!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:48 PM

Sunday the 24 at 1:00 on the pistol range I will be holding the intro to 3 Gun class. Anyone interested can attend. My range officers and I will take you through all the safety rules and procedures from the time you pull up to the match till the time you unload and show clear at the last stage. The course will include fundamental training and techniques commonly used on all three guns. You will have a chance to live fire under the instruction of experienced shooters as well as handle and use all of their equipment. I promise to stay on the range and work with everybody until they feel ready for their first match. So if your interested I need to know please leave a reply here or contact me directly.

Last edited by AHI; 09-18-2017 at 08:21 PM. Reason: wrong date
Old 09-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Executive Range Officer

5 said they were coming. 3 confirmed they were coming. 1 showed up.