CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Lodge

Old 08-19-2017, 11:55 PM

Default A challenge if you dare!

For a youngish guy that competes with three different guns running around hammering steel and paper with unlimited round count, firing a pistol while standing still with one hand sounds like a snooze fest! AND IT WAS, until I saw my target after the first slow fire. Only 6 out of 10 rounds found the paper much less the x ring. Humbled I started to listening to pros and found out I had no idea how to grip a pistol with one hand much less two, and donít even get me started on how poor trigger control was.

We are all looking for the edge in any completive sport, and we all take something different away from every range session, but what can you take away from the top shooters of another discipline? This is my secret weapon in 3 gun, I ask the long range precision guys scope questions. I ask skeet guys how to shoot clays with my ugly tactical shotgun. The bulls eye shooters offer up advise for precision with the pistol while the defensive trainers can teach you a blazing draw stroke. Want a light recoil pistol round, ask a cowboy action shooter. So, if you dare take my challenge post something you learned after shooting out of your comfort zone.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Executive Range Officer

Exclamation

Diffrent shotgun shells patern very diffrently out of the same choke. Was just reminded of this recently. Thear is VOODO in how you load ammo ,cleen your guns (What is this cleening thang you speek of? ) . 99% of shooting any compition is mental ......Rember the VOODO......
Old 10-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Executive Range Officer

Bump to top