CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Presiden'ts Corner

Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM
President

Default A few thoughts

First, I would like to thank Ken for getting the Web Site up and running as fast as he did. This is a great addition to the club. I had a guest at the high power match tell me this was one of the best ranges he had ever been to, but we needed a web site. I was glad to tell him as a matter of fact we do. Great job Ken.
Second, We now have the concrete pad poured at the pistol range. The pad is 8'x116' and will allow space for 10 to 11 new 25yard firing points. We will need LOTS of help to complete the cover and we will discuss that at the June meeting.
Third, There are a couple of things that dishearten me as president. One is not cleaning up after shooting sessions and leaving paper or steel out of place. Second is shooting things like target stands or frames and doing damage that has to be fixed by someone else later. Third it is terrible to have 125 members and only have the same 5 to 7 people show up for a work party. Fourth is not paying attention on what we are doing. Looks like someone has put regular gas in the Lawnboy mower and the weed eaters. The mower is history and one of the weedeaters wont start. This will be costly to repair or replace. If we are out of mix then take the can and mix some, I have to.
And last I don't want this to be a gripe session as we have some great people and we have a super facility. I am just asking all of you the help put in a little time and take pride in keeping the place up. We are SO BLESSED to have a place like this to enjoy our sport, lets band together and take care of it. May God Bless All of you. Ronny Brown <>< <>< <><
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Savage Striker Lover

Default 10%

It seems to be an unfortunate statistic that plagues all groups of people who ban together for a common cause: 10% of the people do 90% of the work necessary to maintain the organization. This is true no matter if the organization is religious, civic, fraternal, charitable or purpose driven, such as ours. As far as the wanton destruction of targets and equipment goes, that will only stop when someone is caught and booted from the club in a very public and pronounced manner.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that our club is blessed with a hand full of individuals, within the 10%, who have been willing to go well above and beyond their responsibilities for many years. THANK YOU!

Suggestions:
1. Equipment - Have a sheet to sign equipment out and in when used. (Accountability) Have operating instructions located in close proximity to the equipment.
2. Work - Change the bylaws to mandate X number of work parties per year to renew your membership or quadruple the dues while adjusting to an equal amount what you can work off in time.
3. Destruction of targets - Give the executive committee the power to suspend or revoke the membership of any member engaged in the wanton destruction of club property.