CVRPC Forum  

Go Back   CVRPC Forum > The Presiden'ts Corner

Old 02-11-2021, 02:23 PM

Default Letter to Members - Previously sent via email

Dear members,
I hope everyone is well. As you know, our club secretary, Brian White, has done an excellent job keeping everyone informed of the ordinary club business that has taken place the past several months via his monthly email report. However, I wanted to take a moment to reach out to everyone as well. The past several months have been more challenging than we all would have liked. We are grateful and fortunate that our club facilities have remained fully open during these times. Fortunately, there have been no club issues that would be considered significantly outside the normal course of business. As you know, the executive committee has been meeting at least monthly, and in some cases more, the entire fiscal year to date to handle regular club business. A while back we also reached out to the past club presidents as they are, according to our club bylaws, considered part of the current executive committee and invited them to join the meetings. Their input and participation is greatly appreciated. The main issue I want to address here is that of club meetings. No one is pleased with the situation we’ve found ourselves in this year. As officers of the club we have not approached the issue of club meetings lightly. At every executive committee meeting the issue is addressed. It is important to understand that as officers of the club we cannot approach this issue using our own personal, political or philosophical opinions or beliefs regarding the restrictions mandated through executive orders issued this year. As officers of the club we have both an executive and fiduciary responsibility to the club as a whole and to its continuance as a going concern; fiscally, legally and otherwise. We are currently in the process of working through the logistics of having an outdoor club meeting in the near future. When the details are finalized Brian White will notify everyone via email. Notification will also be posted on our website and in the club house. If anyone has any questions or concerns please contact me or another club officer to discuss.
Thank you,
Michael Hollar